Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Oatmeal Raisin Energy Bites



Our family loves a good "energy bar", but most of the time, I have a hard time finding one without a million foreign ingredients. I started making a variety of pressed bars and energy bites at home so that I can be sure exactly what is giving me energy... 

This is a GREAT recipe for toddlers because it's full of things they love! They also takes a convenient 10 minutes to make!

Oatmeal Raisin Energy Bites:

Ingredients:
-1 cup oats
-1/2 cup natural peanut butter or almond butter  ( I like to use Trader Joe's smooth unsalted PB)
-1/3 Trader Joes Super Seed & Ancient Grain Blend
-1/3 cup honey
-1/3 cup unsweetened raisins 
-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Directions:
-Put all ingredients in your food processor and pulse until mixture clumps. Will be loose, but you can press together with your fingers.
-Roll into 1 inch bite sized balls and store in a tupperware in the refrigerator for the week!




No comments:

Post a Comment